THE GAME RETURNS!!!!
Jason and Kelly are officially divorced and feeling their newfound independence. Jason remains the comedic a-hole while thoroughly enjoying dating and sports commentary alongside Chris Webber. Kelly is rocking a new look to match her new attitude, courtesy of Jason’s divorce settlement, and filming a reality show. That’s right – Kelly is a spoofed Shauni O’neal! Kelly’s character made a dramatic change considering she used to be docile and weak, but this season she cares not what anyone thinks. It will be interesting to see how the ex-couple function in the same city this season…I predict a reconciliation. Malik Wright, once the former franchise player for the Sabers, is no longer top dog. In fact, he’s having an affair with the Saber team owner’s woman (Meagan Good), treats his cousin/assistant Te Te like crap, and his career is on the downward spiral. Malik’s rise for (3) seasons only to find him falling season (4) is true to the lifestyle of many professional athletes.
Tasha Mack, arguably the strongest (well, loudest) character, finds herself managing the Davis’ brand, and in a spicy relationship with a considerably younger man. Tasha is as brash as ever, but I was saddened to see her smoking a black-&-mild, and barely interacting with son Malik. Not sure what the back story on that was, but hoping next week brings clarity. Derwin is suddenly the star player on the Sabers, and “Girl Melanie” has given up aspirations of practicing medicine to play rich housewife. While they appear to have it all on the surface, Melanie’s insecurities remain an issue. The opener finds her swabbing for baby DNA, crushing the paternity dreams of her husband, and finally, realizing she was wrong about it all. What. A. MESS. This baby “DJ” drama has lasted almost (2) seasons and shows no signs of slowing.
– Sheree (yes, THAT Sheree from Real Housewives of Atlanta) had a walk-on role during the bar scene. She had one line and delivered like a champ. Something with the word “PIG” in it. *shrug*
– Meagan Good – She. Looked. FLAWLESS! Excellent casting as Malik’s secret lover and eye candy substitute for Stacy Dash (what happened to her)?
– TeTe has a love interest!!- too bad she cheated on him with Malik and Meagan Good’s character in a steamy hot tub scene. Poor TeTe.
– Funniest line of the night: Kelly Pitts, “I’m handing out lollipops and ass-whoopins, and I am ALL outta lollipops!” ( I laughed so hard)
– Terrance J can act?! Who Knew?!?! *smile*
– Derwin punching the wall after finding out DJ’s paternity results (I stifled laughter)
– Tasha and Terrance J making out. It was just wrong. All shirtless, sloppy, 30 seconds of it. *Shudder*
Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the progression of the characters and thought the writers stayed true to “The GAME” of old. The lack of unity amongst the characters as seen in the past, seemed a natural and realistic progression. In life friends grow apart and become focused on their individual milestones, but surely life will bring them close again, as the season develops. Vitamin D will have recaps every Wednesday AM – it’s #GAMEON. What did you think of the first episode??